- FWLA presents collections from apparel brands on the runway. No other type of presentation is available (i.e. trade show booths, fashion installations, etc.).
- Third-party and individual sponsors are not allowed. All sponsorship must be approved through event producer.
- Runway shows are organized into SESSIONS, which consist of back-to-back runway presentations from approximately ten (10) designers / apparel brands that have similar targets, such as: gender, style, demographics and/or retail price point.
- FWLA is comprised of multiple SESSIONS each event day.
- Each presentation within a SESSION shares identical HMU “looks”. In other words: make-up and hair is the same for all designers participating in the same SESSION.
- Each SESSION has the same attendees. FWLA does not re-seat attendees within a SESSION.
- Each SESSION is approximately one (1) hour and fifteen (15) minutes.
- FWLA focuses on 3 levels of brand presentations: Discovery, Emerging & Anchor (See below for a description of each Category)
- FWLA does not mix Men’s and Women’s Collections together.
- Collections must consist of women’s ready-to-wear, not bridal wear or children’s wear.
- Anchor brands: flagship store or $7M in revenue (must present 30+ looks)
- Emerging brands: 3 years or three stockists with $1M in total revenue (may present 15 or 30 looks only).
- Discovery brands: collection ready 30 days prior to FWLA event + collection designed in-house + show ability to go into production and distribute collection (may present 10 or 20 looks only).
- Anchor Designer Application Deadline: August 1, 2016
- Emerging Designer Application Deadline: July 15, 2016
- Discovery Designer Deadline Application Deadline: July 15, 2016
- Deposit ($450), due upon acceptance of application
- Final Payment Deadline: August 1, 2016 (Anchor Brands: August 15, 2016)
- Guest list due date: September 15, 2016
- FWLA has a two phase approval process called: STYLE & STRUCTURE
- Complete online application (candidate will receive automated email that application has been received by our system).
- Screening Committee will review candidate within 7 business days (notification will be sent to candidate and may be contacted by for follow-up questions regarding the brands STYLE).
- If candidate is approved for STYLE, brand will be issued a Participation Agreement which must be returned within 7 business days, along with a $450 deposit.
- Show Producer(s), Committee and/or On-boarding will likely schedule a follow-up call within 7 business days to investigate the STRUCTURE of the brands company.
- Brand is issued a welcome packet and requested to complete and return promptly. Please do not submit samples unless specifically requested to do so.
- Applicants may be asked to submit additional supporting information, which will be considered alongside the application to reach a final decision.
- Appication Approval is usually determined within 14 days of receipt of signed agreement & deposit
- Approved brands are invited to participate in the runway format presentation.
- Final participation payment is due on or before: August 1, 2016.
- coordinating retailer and press invitations
- pre-event press release
- attendee gifting
- hair & makeup
- ushered seating
- in-house media coordinator
- in-house retailer relations
- end-to-end event production
- top LA based models from leading agencies
- styling and back-of-house coordinator
- music coordinator for royalty free sync
- broadcast-quality multi-camera video production license
- professional runway image license